Advertisement

The Lightning Letter

The Student News Site of James Lawson High School

Advertisement

The Lightning Letter

The Lightning Letter

Midterm Exams Imminent!

Midterm Exams Imminent!

At this point, we are coming to the end of the first semester, and with the arrival of the holidays, also the exams are now upon us. These final exams can cause feelings of anxiety, tension and worry in students, but you don’t have to be scared because with the right preparation everything will be fine. 

Some tips that I would like to recommend personally, having taken some important exams in the past:

  • organize yourself in time
  • do not postpone to the last minute to study 
  • make a personal schedule to manage all the different subjects that you have. 

Good organization could help you considerably in keeping all these negative emotions at bay and allowing you to be focused and do to them as best as possible. However, you don’t have to base your moods on their outcome, because at least they are only tests, but this doesn’t mean that you have to take them in a superficial way. 

Just try to do your best to prove to yourself what you can really do with your potential.

The exams will be taken, depending on the period, on Friday 15th, Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th and the last day will be Wednesday 20th, from 7:05 am to 10:25 am, in the same respective rooms of the subjects. The weight of those exams on your grade will be 20% of the total, the other 80% will come from your grades in the Quarter 1 & Quarter 2. After taking the exams, students will be dismissed and allowed to go home; also, the bus service will be available.

Follows the Exams Schedule:

Friday, December 15,2023

7:05-8:40                                  Block 1B Exam

8:40-8:55                                  Break

8:55-10:25                                Block 2B Exam

 

Monday, December 18,2023

7:05-8:40                                  Block 1A Exam

8:40-8:55                                  Break

8:55-10:25                                Block 2A Exam

 

Tuesday, December 19,2023

7:05-8:40                                  Block 5B Exam

8:40-8:55                                  Break

8:55-10:25                                Block 6B Exam

 

Wednesday, December 20,2023

7:05-8:40                                  Block 5A Exam

8:40-8:55                                  Break

8:55-10:25                                Block 6A Exam

There will be, only for seniors that have a minimum 85% average and missed 6 days or less (3 days or less for 5B), the possibility of exemption from exams. If you are interested and under the requirements mentioned above, ask your teachers to have the document for the exemption.

 

Good luck to everyone!!!

Leave a Comment
Donate to The Lightning Letter

Your donation will support the student journalists of Hillwood High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
About the Contributor
Emma Di Benedetto, Staff Writer
Emma is an exchange student from Italy, who will spend the whole year here in America, currently a junior and first-time writer for JLHS. She loves to travel and learn about other cultures, during her free time she enjoys swimming or go to the gym.
Donate to The Lightning Letter

Comments (0)

All The Topper Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *