The Lightning Letter

The Student News Site of James Lawson High School

The Lightning Letter

The Lightning Letter

Senior Feature: Elijah Frame

Featuring the Class of 2024

As students are welcomed into the new school James Lawson High School, we also welcome our first graduating class – the Class of 2024. To highlight the accomplishments of this class, we will feature seniors from the first graduating class of Lawson in The Lightning Letter.

Up first: senior cheerleader Elijah Frame.

“Honestly, I was anxious to be back,” said Frame, a returning virtual student that attended Hillwood his freshman year. 

“Coming back [to Lawson] has made me wish I came back earlier. I’ve been really enjoying myself,” Frame said.

Being a senior comes with its challenges, of course, such as AP classes, the truth of senioritis, and the unfortunate stress of college applications. 

“I’d say [the hardest task is] figuring out where I want to go to college as of right now,” Frame said.

It is the true struggle of being prepared for college, getting the applications done and getting those recommendation letters, but the worst is being mentally prepared. 

“I think I am [ready for college] I’ve grown a lot and learned to be pretty independent” Frame said.

But being a senior isn’t all that bad. It’s the year of creating new memories and reminiscing on the old ones. 

“So far my favorite memories are cheering at the first game off Lawson and seeing us win,” Frame said.

It is the highlight of a cheerleader’s night to see their team win. The best factors are cheering, doing stunts, and showing off for our new school.

“I have learned to love high school, and i hope to love college just as much, but I truly think moving away from home will be the hardest,” Frame said.