Meet Ms. Doyle

Meet our new Spanish teacher at Hillwood

We have a lot of new teachers at Hillwood. Ms. Doyle is one of the new teachers, she teaches Spanish at our school.

Responses have been lightly edited.

How do you like teaching at Hillwood?

I really enjoy teaching at Hillwood. The staff is incredibly supportive, and the students are always bringing a smile to my face. I am very grateful for such an incredible school!

What’s one fun fact about you?

A fun fact about me is that my initials are RED (and I have red hair)!

How would your best friend describe you?

My best friend would describe me as quiet at first and introverted in general, but more open and talkative when you get to know me!

Why did you decide to become a Spanish teacher?

I decided to be a teacher because I had some really amazing teachers growing up which inspired me to want to do the same thing they did, but I also had some teachers that made me want to be a teacher so I could be an advocate for my students in a way that they were not. 

What do you mean by “advocate for my students”?

I want to make sure my students know that I will do whatever is necessary for them to succeed. I also want them to know that I support them inside and outside of the classroom. A lot of times, it can be difficult to remember that students are not only students but also human beings, and I try to keep that in mind and help them with whatever I can.

Why did you decide to teach Spanish specifically?

I decided to speak Spanish because I learned Spanish through school and grew up loving the Spanish language and culture. I wanted to show students that language opens doors and is a window into culture that many people don’t have an avenue to outside of school. 

How many years have you been teaching Spanish?

This is my second year teaching Spanish.

Where are you from?

I am from a suburb north of Chicago, Illinois.

Where did you go for college?

I went to college at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

What do you like to do outside of school?

Outside of school, I like to workout, read, and watch Netflix.